"Embracing Life Naturally"
Get Kushi's Kitchen E-news with seasonal recipes & more.
In accordance with Minnesota state law, please note the following:
In the State of Minnesota, clients of complementary and alternative health care (aromatherapy, cranial sacral therapy, homeopathy, massage, naturopathy, health coaches and many others) must, by law, receive a copy of the Client Bill of Rights.
1. Practitioner Name, Title and Business Contact Information.
Contact e-mail: email@example.com
Address: Gabriele Kushi, 4265 Meadowbrook Blvd. St. Louis Park MN 55416
2. Training and Education: Complementary and alternative health care practitioner
Gabriele Kushi, GK Studio LLC - D/B/A www.KushisKitchen.com, hereafter, "the Practitioner" has received following education and training:
1979 Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 graduate of the Kushi Institute, MA, U.S.A.
1999 Bachelor of Fine Arts, summa cum laude, Photography and Native American studies, University of Minnesota, U.S.A.
2001 Traditional Tibetan Medicine (8.5 contact hours in Category I toward the AMA Physician's Recognition Award)
2002 Level IV graduate of the Kushi Institute, MA, U.S.A.
2005 Macrobiotic Teacher & Counselor certificate (735.5 hours including Cooking , Healing Diagnosis, Shiatsu, Consultation Practice, Philosophy & Anatomy & Physiology), Kushi Institute, MA, U.S.A.
2005 Macrobiotic Teacher & Counselor for all Health Conditions (531 hours including Cooking , Healing Diagnosis, Shiatsu, Consultation Practice, Philosophy & Anatomy & Physiology), Kushi Institute, MA, U.S.A.
2006 Certified member of the Macrobiotic Educators Association
2008 Health Counseling Training Certificate, Columbia University - Teacher’s College in NYC
2008 Health Counselor Certification, Institute for Integrative Nutrition, NYC
2009 Aveline Kushi Award
2009 Certified member of the American Association of Drugless Practitioner. (AADP)
2015, 235-hours yoga certification, Devanadi Yoga, Minneapolis, MN
2016, 200-hour of Advanced Yoga Therapy, Yog Sadhna under Dr. Indu Arora, Minneapolis, MN
2018, 340-hours yoga certification, Devanadi Yoga under Tanya Boigenzahn, Minneapolis, MN
I also studied Qigong, Feng-Shui, and apprentice with American Indian healers and alternative healers worldwide (World-Wide Traditional Healing Arts) since 1986. I served on the board of directors of Earth Save International, and am currently on their advisory board. I published numerous articles on holistic and macrobiotic nutrition, produced 11 macrobiotic cooking videos, and translated a macrobiotic dessert book from German into English. I am an author and published several books: The Macrobiotic Kitchen in Ten Easy Steps and Embracing Menopause Naturally. Since I opened my practice in 1984 I have been working with many clients from all walks of life including people with serious degenerative illnesses, like cancer and heart disease. I work in Minnesota, and throughout the USA and internationally. I offer volunteer services locally, nationally and internationally.
“THE STATE OF MINNESOTA HAS NOT ADOPTED ANY EDUCATIONAL AND TRAINING STANDARDS FOR UNLICENSED COMPLEMENTARY AND ALTERNATIVE HEALTH CARE PRACTITIONERS. THIS STATEMENT OF CREDENTIALS IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY.
Under Minnesota law, an unlicensed complementary and alternative health care practitioner may not provide a medical diagnosis or recommend discontinuance of medically prescribed treatments. If a client desires a diagnosis from a licensed physician, chiropractor, or acupuncture practitioner, or services from a physician, chiropractor, nurse, osteopath, physical therapist, dietitian, nutritionist, acupuncture practitioner, athletic trainer, or any other type of health care provider, the client may seek such services at any time.”
3. Any questions or you have the right to file a complaint.
Office of Complementary and Alternative Health-Care Practitioners
P.O. Box 64882, St. Paul, MN 55164-0882, Telephone: 651-201-3728, Fax: 651-201-3839 http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/hpsc/hop/ocap/index.html
4. Fees. Fees are payable before the time of service. After starting programs cancellations and refunds requests for performed services will not be accepted. If you are unable to pay the full fee by the time of service, a payment plan may be arranged. This plan must be agreed to prior to the provision of services. In order to receive services, you must be current with your payment plan arrangement. We do not handle insurance claims; however, a receipt will be provided to you, should you wish to file a claim with your provider or flexible spending account administrator. I do not accept Medicare, Medical Assistance or General Assistance medical care.
A lot of preparation is done for each client. As a curtsey please keep your appointments. Cancellations less than 24 hours prior to a consultation have to be paid in full.
Fees are noted as followed: Macrobiotic Counseling Session $250, Women Self Care Counseling session: $189, Follow-Up session $90, 5-session Study Programs: $540, 10-session Study Program: $960
5. Change in service or charges. You have the right to reasonable notice of changes in services or charges, and will be provided prior notice of any changes.
6. Theoretical Approach of the practitioner: My alternative health care practices include counseling, coaching, cooking classes, aroma therapy, movement and meditation to provide insights on how to utilizing natural food and holistic lifestyle solutions like Macrobiotics, Ayurveda, Yoga and World-Wide Traditional Healing Arts. I work on the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual level. The 10-sessions Study Program is generally recommended.
My method comprise on the following: a.) Intuitively grasping the whole, b.1) Listening to the client, b.2 ) reading the client’s Intake Form, c.1) Observing the client’s handwriting, c.2) observing the aesthetic expression, d.) Visual facial and body observation, e.) Observations through hands, only with client’s permission, 4.) being informed of the clients licensed medical and/or nutritional practitioners diagnosis.
7. Assessment and Recommendations. You have the right to complete and current information concerning my assessment and recommended service, including the expected duration of the services to be provided. Please visit my website https://www.kushiskitchen.com/MacrobioticTestimonials.html If you have any questions, please ask via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Courteous Service. You may expect courteous treatment and to be free from verbal, physical or sexual abuse by your practitioner.
9. Confidentiality. Your records and transactions with this office are confidential. This information will not be released unless you authorize release in writing, or unless release is required by law.
10. Records. You are allowed access to records and written information from records in accordance with section 144.335 of Minnesota Statutes.
11. Other Community Services. Other similar services are available in the community. You may ask your practitioner and she will provide this information to the best of her knowledge.
12. Selecting and Changing Practitioners. You have the right to choose freely among available practitioners and to change practitioners after services have begun, within the limits of health insurance, medical assistance or other health programs. If these services are covered by your health insurance, medical assistance plan or other health program, you should direct all questions about coverage to your health insurance provider.
13. Coordinated Transfer. If you change practitioners, you have the right to our assistance in coordinating this transfer to another practitioner.
14. Right to Refuse Service. You are free to refuse services or treatment unless otherwise provided by law.
15. No Retaliation. You may assert your rights described in this Client Bill of Rights at any time without retaliation.
Click to add text...