Complementary and Alternative Health Care Client Bill of Rights
In the State of Minnesota, clients of complementary and alternative health care (aromatherapy, cranial sacral therapy, homeopathy, massage, naturopathy and many others) must, by law, receive a copy of the Client Bill of Rights. The document as it relates to Gabriele Kushi with Kushi’s Kitchen, a Division of Gk Studio LTD is provided here for information.
1. Practitioner Name, Title and Business Contact Information.
Gabriele Kushi, Director of Kushi’s Kitchen, a Division of Gk Studio LTD St. Louis Park/Minneapolis, MN 55416 Website: www.kushiskitchen.com
2. Gabriele Kushi, hereafter, "the Practitioner" has the received following education and training:
1979 Level III graduate of the Kushi Institute in Massachusetts, U.S.A.
2002 Level IV graduate of the Kushi Institute in Massachusetts, U.S.A. 2006 Certified member of the Macrobiotic Educators Association 2008 Health Counselor Certification from Institute for Integrative Nutrition, in conjunction with Columbia University Teacher’s College in NY.
2009 Certified member of the American Association of Drugless Practitioner. (AADP)
In accordance with Minnesota state law, please note the following:
THE STATE OF MINNESOTA HAS NOT ADOPTED ANY EDUCATIONAL AND TRAINING STANDARDS FOR UNLICENSED COMPLEMENTARY AND ALTERNATIVE HEALTH CARE PRACTITIONERS. THIS STATEMENT OF CREDENTIALS IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. Under Minnesota law, an unlicensed complementary and alternative health care practitioner may not provide a medical diagnosis or recommend discontinuance of medically prescribed treatments. If a client desires a diagnosis from a licensed physician, chiropractor, or acupuncture practitioner, or services from a physician, chiropractor, nurse, osteopath, physical therapist, dietitian, nutritionist, acupuncture practitioner, athletic trainer, or any other type of health care provider, the client may seek such services at any time.
3. Right to file a complaint. If you have any concerns, you may file a complaint with the following office:
Office of Complementary and Alternative Health Care Practice Health Occupations Program Minnesota Department of Health P.O. Box 64882 85 East 7th Place, Suite 300 St. Paul, MN 55164-0882 Telephone: 651-201-3728 Fax: 651-201-3839 http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/hpsc/hop/ocap/index.html
4. Fees. Fees are payable at the time of service. If you are unable to pay the full fee at the time of service, a payment plan may be arranged. This plan must be agreed to prior to the provision of services. In order to receive services, you must be current with your payment plan arrangement. We do not handle insurance claims; however, a receipt will be provided to you, should you wish to file a claim with your provider or flexible spending account administrator. I do not accept Medicare, Medical Assistance or General Assistance medical care.
Fees are noted below:
Macrobiotic Counseling Session $250, Women Self Care Counseling session: $189, Follow-Up session $90, 6-session Study Programs: $540, 12-session Study Program: $960
5. Change in service or charges. You have the right to reasonable notice of changes in services or charges, and will be provided prior notice of any changes.
6. Theoretical Approach of Gabriele Kushi’s services with Kushi’s Kitchen: I educate on Holistic Health, Natural Foods and Macrobiotics. I am utilizing primary foods and lifestyles and secondary whole foods education. My program can include home remedies, recipes, consciousness coaching, and natural and holistic health education and coaching to facilitate the client’s natural ability to health and wellness. My overall approach is to address my client’s needs on multiple levels: physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual. I believe that most health concerns are rooted on more than one level and thus have to be addressed with education on a multi-disciplinary approach. My method of evaluation comprises of several steps: a.) Intuitively grasping the whole b.) Listening to and reading the client’s case history c.) Observing the client’s handwriting or aesthetic expression d.) Visual facial and body assessment e.) Confirm observations through lay on of hands with client’s permission. Through my counseling, coaching and cooking classes I educate on macrobiotics, holistic philosophy, natural foods, and sustainable lifestyles. A minimum of 12 sessions is generally recommended.
7. Assessment and Recommendations. You have the right to complete and current information concerning my assessment and recommended service, including the expected duration of the services to be provided. If you have any questions, please ask.
8. Courteous Service. You may expect courteous treatment and to be free from verbal, physical or sexual abuse by your practitioner.
9. Confidentiality. Your records and transactions with this office are confidential. This information will not be released unless you authorize release in writing, or unless release is required by law.
10. Records. You are allowed access to records and written information from records in accordance with section 144.335 of Minnesota Statutes.
11. Other Community Services. Other similar services are available in the community. You may ask your practitioner and she will provide this information to the best of her knowledge.
12. Selecting and Changing Practitioners. You have the right to choose freely among available practitioners and to change practitioners after services have begun, within the limits of health insurance, medical assistance or other health programs. If these services are covered by your health insurance, medical assistance plan or other health program, you should direct all questions about coverage to your health insurance provider.
13. Coordinated Transfer. If you change practitioners, you have the right to our assistance in coordinating this transfer to another practitioner.
14. Right to Refuse Service. You are free to refuse services or treatment unless otherwise provided by law.
15. No Retaliation. You may assert your rights described in this Client Bill of Rights at any time without retaliation.